Thursday, November 8, 2007

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Oh MY GOODNESS is about all I can say. Are you ready for this? Megan has her driving permit! Can you even believe it? I think I am still in a bit of shock. Not nearly as much as I was the day she got the permit though. Lets just say that was a very eventful day that we really would like to put behind us, at least as soon as I get my car fixed that is. :) No I am not kidding, not only did Megan get her permit on Tuesday, but she also was in her first accident as a driver. Luckily she was not at fault in the slightest, but that doesn't do much for her nerves. As a permit driver she is only allowed to drive with a 21 or older person in the front and only family members in the car other than that. That said, we ( we being Megan, myself, and Ford )were on our way up unto the sub-division above us to pick up a girl in our ward to go to Young Men & Women's. Megan was driving us up and we were going to switch places when we picked the other girl up. Well when we got to the road she lives on and started to round the corner, there was a big pick up truck in the middle of the road. So Megan stopped to wait and see where they were going to go, when they started backing up! I said "they will stop", but they didn't stop they just kept coming at us. I told Megan to put the car in reverse as I started laying on the horn. Megan put the car in neutral and then in park in her nervousness to get out of the way. In the mean time they just kept backing up right into the front of my car! The man driving was an older man and said he just had not even seen us. By the way it was dark and we did have our headlights on. Oh well, like I said at least it wasn't her fault and it wasn't worse than it was. Megan said,"who gets their permit and in their first wreck all in the same day? Oh ya, that's right ME!" Anyway Megan does have her permit now. :) I think that it is a good thing. At least for now.

No comments: