Tuesday, April 1, 2008

welcome april!

I know today is supposed to be a practical joke day, so maybe all you silent ones could trick us with a surprise post?? :)
We've had sick kiddos at our house. i think there is improvement in sight (here's hoping!) Anyway, Gilli was miserable and needing some relief, but she was doing the whole "pull the covers over your head, and clamp your mouth shut to avoid medicine" thing. Well, being the good parent that I am, I thought that maybe sweetening the deal with a little treat might be in order. (Who hasn't been too weary to fight the inevitable?) So I said, "Sweetie take your medicine and you can have a treat." She deliberated for a second and then shook her head again. My reply, "Would you like a pickle?" Gilli, "YEAH!!!!" Mouth opened wide and one small gag later, when the medicine was gone, we went into the kitchen to celebrate good medicine taking with two dill pickle spears. Who bribes a kid with pickles and actually has it work? I think my kiddo might be stranger than yours.
Have a happy Tuesday!
:)

No comments: