Sunday, September 2, 2007

Hi Guys

Does anybody want a tadpole? We've got two. They're actually looking more like frogs now. Jennah and the kids found them at a farm after some heavy rains. The kids have never caught tadpoles before, so I guess it was a bit of a circus. Everyone ran into the water like the tadpoles were just going to sit there and let them catch them. When I got home that night, I educated them a little bit about how to appropriately catch tadpoles. Oh well, they had fun and the tadpoles, amazingly, have survived. This despite incidences with our not so gentle with animals Caleb. He came to me one day with a tadpole very securely held in his hand. I think the poor things eyes were bulging out of its head. I really thought he killed it. Fortunately, they have proven resilient and are quite active most of the time, especially when they see the shadow of Caleb approaching.

This is our fifth attempt at having animals about. Brielles Gecko and the tadpoles are the only ones still hanging around. Oh, and the crickets if you count them before they become food for the Gecko. I can't remember the Gecko's name, Brielle keeps changing it. One of these days we'll get really brave and get a puppy, but the kids scared the last dog we tried to get away. He started digging under the fence he was so scared. Just kidding. Anyway, Jennah tells me I need to stop now, so we'll talk to you later.

Love you all

Dave

No comments: